One of the features of the Sanlam Wealth Edge Endowment Plan* is that it offers an additional allocation of 8% on top of the original investment amount, after the deduction of the advice fee plus VAT. You also get a Wealth Bonus after five years. Linda Blom, Business Development Manager at Glacier by Sanlam, unpacks what this means; how this solution measures in the market; and why it proves to do some heavy lifting in an investment portfolio.
A solution that packs a punch in uncertain times
The Sanlam Wealth Edge Endowment Plan* has much to offer investors in uncertain markets, if we consider that the solution:
- boosts your initial investment by 8%, after the deduction of the advice fee plus VAT;
- is tax efficient if you have a higher than 30%;
- offers a Wealth Bonus after five years, for staying invested for the long term;
- offers an optional unit price guarantee on selected investment funds that protects against market falls;
- offers protection against creditors;
- provides liquidity in the estate and/or to the beneficiaries; and
- has no executor’s fees if beneficiaries are nominated.
No hidden restrictions
One of the issues for investors and one that often causes anxiety, is that their money may be out of reach in emergencies. In uncertain times, this is a real fear. The first five years of the Sanlam Wealth Edge Endowment Plan* is considered a restriction period, but one withdrawal (full or partial) and one loan are allowed during that period if you need to access the funds urgently. The value of a withdrawal or loan during the restriction period is limited by legislative restrictions.
The advice fee plus VAT is deducted from the investment amount before the additional allocation is made and the net amount invested.
Glacier Solution Funds for Life Investments
Our new In Focus document provides short, summarised updates on the Glacier Solution Funds for Life Investments, which are accessible via our Sanlam endowments.
No-nonsense investing with muscle
The Sanlam Wealth Edge Endowment Plan* is so much more than a traditional endowment plan, with many attractive features including an extensive range of investment options available in the market. It packs a worthy punch in an investment portfolio, catering for your unique risk and return preferences, and offering benefits that will ensure that you can invest with confidence.