Receive a regular income from your retirement savings so that you can maintain the lifestyle you have worked so hard for. You also have the option to select a specific period during which the income is guaranteed irrespective of whether you are still alive, so that your family is taken care of.
The one-off payment has to be sufficient to provide a monthly income of at least R100.
How long to invest for
For the rest of your life.
- Your guaranteed income is not affected by movements in the markets
- Your income is guaranteed for life
- If you have dependants and want to make sure they are provided for should you pass away, you can choose a specific term (5, 10, 15 or 20 years) during which your income is guaranteed, even if you pass away during this time
- You can choose to increase your income by a certain percentage every year to protect your money against inflation
- You can add a life cover policy, and choose between receiving an income in line with inflation or an income that grows up to 7% annually after the first five years.
- Speak to your financial planner about these optional benefits, as the minimum investment amounts differ.
How it works
A one-off payment is transferred from your pension, preservation, provident or living annuity fund. (In the case of the living annuity fund, the full amount must be transferred). You can choose from three different options:
- Single life annuity without a specific term: The income payments will stop immediately when you pass away.
- Single life annuity with a specific term selected: The income payments will be paid for the specific term (5 to 10 years) you have selected. If you pass away during this term, the income will be paid to your dependents for the remainder of this term.
- Joint life annuity: Your annuity will grow every year to protect your income against inflation
You receive a monthly income that is determined by the size of your investment and the option you have selected.
Factors that impact your income
Whether you choose a guaranteed term or choose to increase your income every year will affect the income you receive. We recommend that you discuss your considerations with your Sanlam financial adviser or accredited broker to ensure a suitable option.
Fees vary per product and will be disclosed upfront on your quotation. Please speak to your Sanlam financial adviser or accredited broker to make sure that you understand which fees you pay and why.