Receive a regular income from your retirement savings so that you can maintain the lifestyle you have worked so hard for. You also have the option to select a specific period during which the income is guaranteed irrespective of whether you are still alive, so that your family is taken care of.
The one-off payment has to be sufficient to provide a monthly income of at least R100.
How long to invest for
For the rest of your life.
- You get an income that is guaranteed for life
- Flexibility to choose a specific term at inception (5, 10, 15 or 20 years) for which your income is guaranteed
- The option to add a second life insured at inception, to whom the income continues to be paid when you pass away
- The choice to receive:
- The same amount of income for the duration of the policy
- An income that increases by a fixed rate every year, or
- An income that increases in line with inflation every year
- You can add a life cover policy at inception to provide for your dependants after you pass away. Read more about the Sanlam Income with Capital Preservation Plan.
How it works
A life annuity uses the proceeds of your retirement savings to provide regular, guaranteed income payments for the rest of your life.
You can add another life insured at inception to receive the income after your death.
The income you receive can increase annually by a percentage chosen by you at inception, or linked to inflation.
You receive a monthly income that is determined by the size of your investment and the option you have selected.
Factors that impact your income
Whether you choose a guaranteed term or choose to increase your income every year will affect the income you receive. We recommend that you discuss your considerations with your Sanlam financial adviser or accredited broker to ensure a suitable option.
Fees vary per product and will be disclosed upfront on your quotation. Please speak to your Sanlam financial adviser or accredited broker to make sure that you understand which fees you pay and why.